[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.92″ background_layout=”light”]
Here are 7 benefits of doing cardio early in the morning (whether fasted or not):
1. It makes you feel great all day by releasing mood-enhancing endorphins.
2. It “energizes” you and “wakes you up.”
3. It may help regulate your appetite for the rest of the day.
4. Your body’s circadian rhythm adjusts to your morning routine, making it easier to wake up at the same time every day.
5. You’ll be less likely to “blow off” your workout when it’s out of the way early (like when you’re exhausted after work or when friends ask you to join them at the pub for happy hour).
6. You can always “make time” for exercise by setting your alarm earlier in the morning.
7. It increases your metabolic rate for hours after the session is over.
Of all these benefits, the post-exercise increase in your metabolic rate is one of the most talked about. Scientists call this “afterburn” effect the “excess post-exercise oxygen consumption” or EPOC for short.