Sweet Potato & Apple Pancakes Drizzled with Udo’s Oil
As a Seasoned PT quite often I am looking for ways to help my clients and reward them when it comes to food and here is a great recipe my wife Danni dished up for me recently on a Sunday morning after my cardio session.
These are also so good with scrambled eggs and offer the perfect ratio of natural carbs, high-quality protein, and healthy fat.
1 1/2 cups sweet potato, grated, 1 1/2 cups apple, grated, 1/2 cup coconut or almond flour, 1/2 cup “natural” (unsweetened) applesauce, 1/4 cup onion, minced, 2 eggs, Natural no-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In medium bowl, stir together the grated apple and sweet potato, flour, applesauce, onion, and eggs.
3. Spray a large baking sheet generously with natural no-stick cooking spray.
4. Add buckwheat pancake flour mixture by rounded full tablespoons onto prepared sheet.Using a fork or fingertips, press mounds to pancakes about 1/2-inch thick and 2-inches in diameter.
5. Bake pancakes for 10 minutes, or until first sides are nicely browned.
6. Briefly remove the pan from the oven, use a small spatula to flip the pancakes, then return pan to the oven and bake pancakes for 5-7 more minutes, or until the second sides are browned.
7. Serve hot and drizzle udo’s oil over the pancakes .
8.Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container and enjoy .