[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.92″ background_layout=”light”]
You crossed the finish line, crushed your circuit routine or cranked out your last set at the squat rack — but you’re not done yet . For optimal health and exercise results, you need to cap off every sweat session with these tasks
1. STRETCH ANY MUSCLES YOU WORKED
Static stretching (Think: bend and hold) is best reserved for after your workouts. A comprehensive review published in The Scandinavian Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports concluded that pre-exercise static stretching can reduce levels of strength, power and explosive performance during the subsequent workout.
Immediately following your workouts, when your muscles are still warm, aim to spend 30 seconds to one minute stretching each muscle group that feels particularly tight.
2.EAT SOME PROTEIN
“Skeletal muscle is a highly plastic tissue that can undergo rapid remodeling, particularly during the periods following an intense workout,” “In order to push the muscle protein balance in the net positive direction so that muscle growth and recovery can take place, it is important to consume adequate protein, including branched-chain amino acids, after a strenuous workout.
3.DON’T FORGET CARBS
Following workouts, you may actually need more carbs than protein, with most studies showing that post-workout foods and drinks with a 3:1-to-4:1 ratio of carbs-to-protein are ideal for exercise recovery. That means, for every gram of protein you consume following a workout, you likely need three to four times as many grams of carbs.
4.Hit A Pose
- Posing Improves Muscle Awareness. Posing can dramatically improve muscle awareness, especially in hard to develop areas
- Posing Helps With Definition. …
- Posing Increases Muscle Maturity.
- Better connection between the mind and the muscle since posing requires total control of the body. Thus, there is no better way to learn how to control your muscles than by practicing posing. A better mind to muscle connection will also help you tremendously at the gym since you will be able to get more stimulation out of each repetition.
For our other tips click here