[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.92″ background_layout=”light”]
This is a “complete meal” that includes a protein, natural carb, and healthy fat.
Servings: 8 Prep Time: 15 minutes Serving Size: 1 cup Cook Time: 40 minutes
minutes Serving Size: 1 cup Cook Time: 40 minutes
• 2 cups chicken broth• 1 cup milk (or almond or coconut milk)• 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning• 1/2 cup almond or coconut flour• 2 cups water, divided• 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed• 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts• 1/4 cup shredded Gruyere (or other) cheese • 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
Fat: 6g Protein: 6g Carbs: 22g Fibre: 3g Sugar: 1g
This recipe also works well with tuna turkey breast,or even tofu.
1. Sauce: preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and wipe a 9×13 baking dish with olive oil. Bring the chicken broth and 1/2 cup milk to a low boil in a saucepan. Whisk the other 1/2 cup milk with the poultry seasoning and flour; add the mixture to the boiling liquid and whisk until a smooth creamy sauce forms.
2. Assembly: in a large bowl, mix the sauce, one cup water, and quinoa and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips and lay over the top of the quinoa mixture. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
3. Broccoli: place broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute, then set aside.
4. Bake: remove casserole from the oven. When the quinoa and chicken are cooked and the sauce is thickened, add the broccoli and a little bit of water (up to one cup) until the consistency is creamy.
Top with the cheese and bake for 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.